Call for papers Linux Piter 2018
We believe - communication is a seed of success.
So the professionals’ communication - is a flawless victory.
Human social nature demands resolve tasks together. And community for IT specialists were always one of the best way to make a right decision. The decision important not for community only but for everyone. So that is why it is important to share knowledge and experience.
We are holding the Linux Piter conference for the fourth time for helping the process of creation. And who knows - may be your report can resolve one of the hardest conflict or technical problem. It is easy to check - just send us your report, we are going to tell how to do this right now.
What kind of reports we expect:
- Report relates to any Linux topic which marked as an addressed at the announcement: such as Storage, Cloud, Embeded, Network, Virtualization, IoT, Open Source, Mobile, Linux troubleshooting and tooling, Linux devOps и development processes SDN and Open Stack, New routing or packet filtering/delivering mechanisms, Internet of things protocols and concepts from the network point of view, Linux networking APIs (best practices, limitations, performance, etc. from the application POV), DPDK, Support of new hardware (SMR, NVMe, LightNVM/OpenChannel SSD, etc), Persistent memory in Linux (NVM, pmem, DAX, etc), Scalability improvements in Linux storage stack (blk-mq, scsi-mq, etc) and remaining issue, Linux filesystems and distributed storage (btrfs, overlayfs, ceph, glusterfs, etc).
- Public performance experience is expected but not required. In case if your report is interesting as a technical work, the conference’s programme committee will help you to prepare your performance.
- We would like to see the fact that speaker has an idea to share with public, a true interest to its problem and a real experience of resolving of peculiar problems: how you did something truly complicated, something new, solution of real speaker’s tasks and cases, links and proofs, pros and cons.
What reports will be declined:
- Reports, based on manuals and tutorials or something similar.
- Reports for Juniors and new specialists.
- Marketing reports.
Sequence of applying.
- Click to the applying ling (the link is on the top of the Rules).
- Tell as much as you can about report’s technical features, describe it capacious and in more detail. The organizers is strongly recommend to send a presentation draft. You will be contacted during 7 days since applying to discuss the next steps.
- The organizers appoint a rehearsal after pre-approve of your report (via Skype or another video calling service). We expect the closest version of your presentation. In case if it is necessary the organiser can appoint additional rehearsal.
- If rehearsal is OK, the report will be added to the conference programme.
Matters of indemnity speaker’s transport and living costs are resolved individual for each speaker.
All the reports will be recorded and translated to English and Russian. Video will be uploaded for open access and speaker will be able to use it as a part of portfolio. Also it will be streamed online in real time in Russian and English, and viewers in Europe and America will have a possibility to watch the stream.
Being the Linux Piter Speaker - is a great possibility to join the Linux community, a unique experience and experience sharing, a real help to resolve complicated problems of Linux-community. Besides of 2 conference days, there will be a day for the informal cultural program.
We are calling and looking for everyone who not indifferent to respond our call. All you have to do to try change the world is a couple of clicks.
Fill the form, send it, overcome the problems! Away questions and doubts!
If for some reasons questions are still here, text us to firstname.lastname@example.org